SEO is not just another acronym. In today’s digital age, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an essential ingredient in every business’s marketing success.
Why SEO is Essential for Every Business
Today’s savvy consumers use the internet to search for just about everything. So, if your business is to succeed, it must be found in their search. Simply having a website is not adequate alone. SEO is the process of optimizing a website in order to get organic (unpaid) traffic from search engines like Google or Bing. In other words, to be found more easily, more often and by more people who are searching.
SEO Building Blocks
Having a complete SEO structure is like constructing a building. This is illustrated by comparing SEO efforts to the levels of a building.
The foundation—level one.
- First, develop a well-built website that uses a search-engine friendly content management system like WordPress.
- Create a sitemap of the website showing the organization of the pages along with descriptive page URL’s to help the search robots find the content they are looking for.
- Identify and employ keywords throughout the site based on users’ intent. Employ keyword-rich title and header tags.
- Make sure the site loads quickly and is mobile friendly. Both are must-dos.
- A mobile-friendly site is required.
- Install an SSL security certificate.
- Create quality content for all pages.
- Create a local Google My Business profile including a business address, phone number, photos, reviews, etc.
- Utilize paid ads like Google Ads.
- Link web pages within the same website.
- Utilize Google Analytics measurement.
- Create backlinks from other websites.
- Make regular website updates to keep content fresh and information up to date.
- Employ user reviews.
Seek Professional Digital Marketing Assistance
Contact Earthlings Digital, based in Ventura, CA for professional assistance with your digital marketing. We can help you reach more people and spread your message in highly efficient ways to meet your most important goals–website design, SEO, online advertising and more.
Leave a Comment